Thursday, April 26, 2007

San Diego? Impeachment?



I will be late for the PDA meeting in San Diego, or any organizing events there, but I'd rather wake up there, then in some truck stop in Colorado, on my way back to Minnesota, without having done a little more to see this through. Mostly because I get a little weepy thinking about moms like Cindy Sheehan and Becky Lourey, and that it is little more than luck that my own mom is not heartbroken in this same way.

I would like to hear that people are doing more back there, and that someone will bother to fundraise a little for me to recoup my expenses in doing what I have helped do, and helped teach others how to do this bit, and encouraged them to teach and encourage others...

This is what we've done in Las Vegas... we've created this simple flyer on our own initiative, and Steve Chase and I have managed to hand out thousands of copies supporting Rep. Kucinich's campaign and his impeachment measure. You can make up something of your own, and hand it out in a crowd or you can borrow this design:

broken link removed

Print a few out and go find a crowd and hand them out, or if you are too shy, drop a few someplace where someone will find them.

If you can't find a way to support recapturing our democracy, no one else is going to do it, and I'll either starve to death out here, enroll in some beauty school and study bikini waxing, or bail on our American experiment. For me, being free to work and shop and to ignore the war is not enough. I want the real thing!

I've seen former authoritarian states become freer than ours, and I've seen well, lets not dwell on the negatives, let's just do what we have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home