Monday, November 26, 2007

Trent Lott Gay? Maybe, Maybe Not, but Definately Happy!

Is Trent Lott gay? I don't know, and I don't really care about the gender(s) he may find attractive. What is news is that he has announced today that he is retiring from the Senate. Also, he announced that he is a happy warrior:

So I am announcing today that I will be retiring from the Senate by the end of the year. It's not effective today. I want to collaborate and consult with our governor, state officials, and with federal officials, and I want to continue to serve in my position as whip in the Senate right to the end of the session and try to be helpful there as much as I can.

I did call the president and the vice president and the governor last night, talked about what we had planned, and assuring all of them that I would want to continue to work to try to find a way to finish up this session in the best way possible.

Let me make it clear, there are no problems. I feel fine. I may look my 66 years, but I honestly feel good. And I get up every day believing that I can maybe have a positive effect on what we do in the Senate. I like being a happy warrior. I don't like some of the negativism that we're dealing with now, but that's life and that's the role, I guess, of politics sometime.

But I don't have any problem. This is not a negative thing. There's no malice, no anger, there's nothing but happiness and pride at the job that I've been allowed to do by the people of Mississippi and by my colleagues in the House and Senate.


I don't know what Lott means by that. Maybe he's gay? Maybe Larry Flynt will tell us more:

HUSTLER Magazine has received numerous inquiries regarding the involvement of Larry Flynt and HUSTLER in the resignation of Trent Lott. Senator Lott has been the target of an ongoing HUSTLER investigation for some time now, due to confidential information that we have received.


In other news, Larry Flynt thinks Barack Obama is an asshole. I trust his judgment.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home